Tuesday, September 27, 2011

New Music Tuesday: Speedo Fun, Love Cookies, Overcoming Bullies, and More!

Wow... have I found some great songs and... interesting.... videos recently. I hope you guys are ready for what's to come in this weeks New Music Tuesday blog!

*** Warning **** The first video has been labeled by YouTube for "mature audiences only." You'll see why...

LMFAO "Sexy and I Know It"



Right about the one minute mark is when I realized why this video has an 18 and over age restriction on it... and I liked it!!! Hehe. The song is catchy and fun, and I loved that LMFAO had a lot of fun making the video. I will not look at a Speedo on a guy the same way again ;-)

Timbaland feat. Pitbull "Pass At Me (Explicit Version)"



Timbaland bringing some Latino spice to his addictive beats... impressive! The video is just okay to me... I'm starting to get tired of seeing the same "remote island/boat/dancing with the natives" concept. If this is the beginning of a new Timbaland album, I cannot wait to hear the rest!


Sean Paul feat. Alexis Jordan "Got 2 Luv U"



I didn't like the song right away... it seemed too busy. But as the song went on, it started to grow on me. It's not my favorite of Sean Paul's (I really loved his Dutty Rock album). The video is okay... just another one of those fabulous looking clubs with attractive people dancing in it. Oh, and what's with his Mohawk... definitely different than dreadlocks.

Jennifer Lopez "Papi"



I am hit or miss when it comes to Jennifer Lopez's music. This one is a hit for me. Not only is the song fun and danceable but the video is hilarious!!! I loved the concept :-)

Jessie J "Who's Laughing Now"



Well, well, well... Jessie J gets a little personal with her latest single. It doesn't surprise me that a lot of celebrities were bullied as kids (then adored by those who bullied them when they reached fame), but I applaud Jessie J for making a song about it... especially since it will reach out to those who are bullied themselves. I enjoyed the video and how the "kid Jessie" dealt with her bullies. Bravo Jessie J!!!


Musiq Soulchild "Yes"



Did anyone else noticed the dedication at the beginning of the video? I actually got excited over it, just because Musiq created this beautiful video to make people realize that breast cancer isn't a deal breaker in relationships. If you are suffering from any form of cancer and there is someone who wants to be with you and to be support, then that's real, deep love. I highly respect Musiq for doing this. The song is just as beautiful as the video. :-)

Patrick Stump feat. Lupe Fiasco "This City"



I downloaded this song several weeks ago on ITunes... it was one of their free songs. I loved it! I was excited to hear it on the radio soon after. Now... a video. It is visually stimulating. The views of the city in black and white, the multi colored backgrounds, and the 3D projections... all very pleasing.

With that said... while looking at Patrick's suit jacket, I couldn't help but compare his look to Riff Raff in The Rocky Horror Picture Show... something about the shoulder pads....
Blink 182 "Up All Night"



Yay! Blink 182 has returned!!! It was a long time coming, especially after the deadly airplane accident that almost took Travis Barker's life. I love that their music has matured over the years (much like their fans... or so I assume). The song has a great message to it... just listen to the lyrics. I enjoy seeing this adolescent party evolving around the band. I never went to any of those kind of parties as a teen (and didn't feel like I missed out, either) but I was certainly entertained.


Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment