Tuesday, August 2, 2011

New Music Tuesday: Carolina Liar, a Collaboration Thanks to The Voice, DEV, and Ellie Goulding

Before I go into my normal weekly blog, I need to address something...

Saturday (July 30th) was the one year anniversary of starting my blog page. Wow. I've been writing on a regular basis for an entire year. I could not be happier. I also want to thank my friends, acquaintances and readers for taking time to enjoy what I have to write. There will be plenty of blogs in the future, and hopefully I'll see myself sending in a draft of a novel to a publishing company. Again, thank you to everyone who has enjoyed my blog.

Now, it's Tuesday and I have new music to share!

Carolina Liar "Drown"



I really enjoy the song... it's got a great message while accompanied with an alternative/rock edge. The confetti surrounding the band and their instruments leave a nice, colorful touch to the video before the day glow paint explodes all over the place. Who says you can't make a cool video with craft supplies??? LOL


Maroon 5 feat. Christina Aguilera "Moves Like Jagger"



This song has become my new addiction. Whenever it comes on the radio, I turn it up! The combination of Adam Levine and Christina Aguilera's voices are explosively amazing. The song makes me want to get up and dance..... okay, move like Jagger. ;-)


DEV "In The Dark"



Recognize the voice??? DEV collaborated with Far East Movement for their single "Like a G6." This is a song I expect to hear in any dance club across the globe. I like the monochromatic color scheme in the video but am unsure how the snake and tarantula fit into the concept of the video (well, at least apart from the hundreds of arms). A unique video, yes, but a total pop/club hit.

Ellie Goulding "Lights (Bassnecter Remix)"



This is one of those songs where I enjoy the music more than the artist. I know Ellie is talented because I have heard her on several songs in the past few months. I am just not that into the lyrics. However, I see that her appearance at Kanrocksas this weekend will gain a lot of new fans (Oh, and I will not be at the two day festival... I chose to make money instead).

Well, that wraps up this week's edition of New Music Tuesday. See you guys next week and please keep yourself cool in this unbearable heat across the country!

No comments:

Post a Comment