Tuesday, July 12, 2011

New Music Tuesday: Skylar Grey's First Single, Sade, Beyonce, and Funeral Party

Good morning to my friends and readers! Compared to my massive New Music Tuesday blog from last week, this one is relatively smaller. I only have four new songs this week and I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!!!


Skylar Grey "Dance Without You"



After noticing Skylar's vocal talents on Dr. Dre's "I Need a Doctor" and Diddy Dirty Money's "Coming Home," I wanted more. So imagine how excited I was to find this music video a few days ago. I like how her solo work is vastly different than the singles she has been featured on. Her music reminds me of a mix of 90's Jewel and Alanis Morrisette. I love that the video takes place in an exam room of a mental hospital.... it helps make the impact of the lyrics more powerful. I wish the song was a little bit longer, since it's just under three minutes. I am looking forward to what the future holds for Skylar Grey.

Sade "Love is Found"



Sade has one of the most beautiful voices in the music industry right now. I first recognized it a few years ago, watching the first Sex and the City film. With her latest album release, I have been able to listen to a lot more of her work and have enjoyed it. The video is unique with her singing in a studio with dancers behind her and on the screen. Adding the black and white color scheme and it makes the song and video feel more classic.

Beyonce "Best Thing I Never Had"



This is probably the most beautiful hate song I have ever heard. If you feel deceived by the video, don't... I will explain. You see Beyonce and her man at a school dance, where he's dancing/flirting with other women. You also see Beyonce getting ready for her wedding day, which brings back memories of her ex and how she is happy that she saw him for who he was. If she didn't, she wouldn't be marrying the man that is perfect for her. I love how beautiful the video is... Beyonce has natural beauty, inside and out.

Funeral Party "Finale"



This song and video reminds me of living in a college town where some fraternity or sorority is having a mega party with a band. I don't mean that in a bad way. The song is catchy and would go great in such a setting... and lots of beer. Then again, I could also see the scene played out at some underground bar in New York City. Good job, Funeral Party. Oh, and interesting name :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment