Tuesday, June 28, 2011

New Music Tuesday: Shakira, Eminem, Britney, and Chris Brown Collaborates with... Bieber???

Happy Tuesday everyone! You guys were lucky... this blog almost didn't happen. The past couple days, I have had some major issues with my modem, especially today. The first few hours I was online I kept losing connection, leaving me with only minutes of real Internet time. It finally started cooperating and I was able to get this blog rolling (I had the videos, just needed to add my critiques). Now, time to enjoy the videos I found the past several days :-)
Shakira feat. Pitbull "Rabiosa"



Ooh, yay! New Shakira music!!! I love her new shorter, brown hair... very cute on her. The song makes me want to get up and dance. I am a little surprised that Pitbull was not in the video at all... I guess I'm spoiled by seeing all performing artists in a video. I did love how Shakira doubled up in the video, between the new look and her former long, curly, blond locks (while dancing on a stripper pole, no less). I also loved how she added a ball pit in the video... reminded me of fun times I had working at my first job (a children's play place).

Eminem "Space Bound"



Space Bound is one of the songs that I recognize, but never got to know the song title. That's what happens when you play the CD without reading the album track list, LOL. I have enjoyed this song for several months and was pleasantly surprised to find out this was Eminem's latest single. I really enjoy the video and how Eminem showed two sides to the situation with the girl in the video. It reminded me of scenarios I play out in my head... you know the "What If" scenarios. Very enjoyable video and great song :-)

Britney Spears "I Wanna Go"



I bought Britney's Femme Fatale album a couple months ago and haven't really been getting into it. However, with each of her singles, I am starting to get more interested. I think this video is absolutely hilarious. She is wearing an anti-Mickey Mouse top, the movie theater in the background is showing "Crossroads 2: Cross Harder," and taking out paparazzi with a microphone. I like this bolder side of Britney. Oh, and damn... she really had to pull a Michael Jackson at the end? LOL

Chris Brown feat. Justin Bieber "Next to You"



Okay, I'll be honest. When I realized that Chris Brown collaborated with Justin Bieber, I was wondering if this was a way for Chris to gain back some of his fans he lost through the incident with Rihanna. I did give the song a chance and it's actually not that bad (considering I am not a fan of Bieber). The video, in a way, doesn't make sense. I mean, I know there is a natural disaster striking the city, but to intertwine that with two love stories just didn't flow very well. The song definitely trumps the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment