Saturday, June 4, 2011

4. A Song From a Musical that You Believe is Overrated

Nine "Be Italian"



I remember when I first heard about the movie and thought "Oh, this looks good!" I was basing a lot of that on the fact that Rob Marshall directed it. I was blown away when I saw Chicago in theaters and hoped the same love would transfer over. I'm sad to say that it didn't. This is one of those cases where a stage show to feature film doesn't transfer over well. There are several numbers I really enjoyed or loved, but the story and the transition from one scene to the next did not flow very well. Since I have not seen the stage show, I cannot determine what got left out or re tweaked for the screen. It just did not live up to my expectations (and from many movie critics).

No comments:

Post a Comment