Monday, June 27, 2011

27. A Song From a Musical That You Wish to See Feature or Star Your Favorite Performers

The Who's Tommy "Pinball Wizard"



Tommy, a great album by The Who. Tommy, the movie musical, not so great. It just wasn't executed that well. This is one of those movies I would love to see it remade in the next few years. When I was a senior in high school, my theater teacher directed a statewide production of this rock opera. My theater classmates and I had the opportunity to watch it in class one day, and the way Mr. Martin told the story was extremely well done (and also slightly edited for family friendly content).

I loved that there were many celebrity cameos in the movie, but to have some fresher faces would be more appealing for a remake. I would love to see The Who be involved, but since it's been over 35 years, Roger Daltrey would not be able to reprise his role (considering his age). For instance, having someone like Constantine Maroulis, Patrick Stump, or Justin Timberlake as Tommy and Queen Latifah or Mary J. Blige as the Acid Queen. I could also see Zooey Deschanel, Steven Tyler, Chris Daughtry, Lady Gaga and many others signing on for this movie. Just imagining this is getting me excited for a remake. Someone please green light this idea!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment