Sunday, June 26, 2011

26. A Song From a Musical With A Character You Most Relate To

Troy Bolton- High School Musical 3 "Scream"



I know this is pretty stereotypical of high school/teen movies, but there is always the one character that has new found aspirations for life and must go against his parents (and sometimes his friends) wishes to pursue what they really want in life. Troy Bolton is the epitome of that character. He loves basketball and he loves theater. He also loves Gabriella, who moves away to pursue an early start college program. All of these things compact at once, making Troy fight a battle with himself to find out what he truly wants in life. I completely relate to that.

I've had to make a similar decision. I've always known that I want to be a writer and knew that I would major in Journalism since freshmen year of high school. However, with the curve balls thrown at me in life, I had to make a decision. I stopped going to school after I had my son. At the time, I couldn't afford to do both and I had to think about what was best for my son at the time. Since then, I have found that I can do both, and am in the process of making that a reality. Sometimes you have to change the order of your dreams, but they can still come true and make you happy! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment