Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Xanga Diaries: Part VII (The Final Posts)

Well, we have reached the last of my Xanga entries. I finally started to open up about how Brian and I had issues with our marriage. I also discovered MySpace, which eventually replaced Xanga. From reading all of my entries, I have realized how much I have changed in the past 5-6 years.. and for the better!

Also, just by doing these blogs, I have had others tell me they looked up their old Xanga account too. Maybe some of them will follow suit and post some (for fun and for a few giggles). If anyone does, let me know. I'd love to read them :-)

--------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I'm going to give all of my baby-less friends a good word of advice.

Having one is easy until they start walking. After that.... NOTHING is safe! If Truman sees anything with a button, he's pushing it. His new thing is climbing. I've caught him climbing onto the couch, the mantle, and on his push-along toys to get himself higher to reach something.

Besides the Truman life, I've been doing better. Brian and I have been talking a lot about our issues and we've got a lot fixed. Not everything can be perfect.... that's just life (why sugar-coat life? You'll end up with a false sense of reality).

Oh, the hail that we got on Sunday totally screwed up my Galant. There are at least 30 golf ball and quarter-sized hail dents. Brian took it to a body shop for an estimate and they quoted repairs at $3100 dollars. I was shocked and our insurance company will do it (after the $500 deductible). I will recommend to everyone that if you have a car problem, you'll have to wait until everyone else's hail disasters are taken care of.

Well, I'm off here for now. I'm going to research music from the 1990's so my sister can make me some kick ass CD's!!!!
----------------------------------------------------
 
Saturday, April 22, 2006


Victimized

I have fallen victim to a new journal site.

My Space

I think what got me hooked is that I can find friends from when I lived in Grandview (and I already found four of them).

I'm also reunited with people from high school.... more or less the ones that knew me (and vice versa) and now we are chatting all the time.

I have run into a lot of my graduating class at my work of all places. I talked to Mindi Emanuel for about 10 minutes a couple days ago. I also saw Courtney Johnson, Kasey Matthews, Dustin Young, Brandon Reno (and his wife Heather from LSN), and many more.

How nearly four years after high school have already flown by...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Last Saturday...

On last Saturday night, I did something I haven't done in a long, long time....

Go out with female friends.

Bekki, one of my coworkers, and I decided to meet up with some other coworkers at Paddy O'Quigleys. We had a blast, just drinking and trying to talk to each other. We also sat in her car for an hour afterwards and just talked. Her and I both needed a night like this and already have plans to do it again.

It feels so good to have a new friend, especially a female one that I feel that I can trust (yes Jaymie I trust you too... probably the only one out of all our high school friends)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A Sad High School Reunion...

Many of my former classmates from high school (and teachers) will be reuniting tomorrow.... but for an unexpected loss of a great and fun-spirited 22 year old male.

Kyle Zammar is no longer with us.
I remembered how funny he was... and talented in whatever he did. I mean, he was the class clown. I had classes with him; my best memory is when he, Monica Heitz, and I (and a couple others) did a project on American History in the 1970's. He and Monica pretended to be Sonny and Cher and sung "I Got You Babe" for our class. Kyle could always make you laugh and everyone loved him.

He will be greatly missed.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, June 29, 2007


Back on Xanga

It's been over a year since I've been on here.

Things that I am waiting for:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in theaters

Season Four of Grey's Anatomy to start

The final book in the Lemony Snicket collection (just need to go buy it)

For my vacation time to be usable from work

To lose weight

Football season

Just some random things... talk to you guys later

No comments:

Post a Comment