Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Xanga Diaries: Part IV

For this edition of the Xanga Diaries... I am presenting a handful of posts I wrote spring and summer 2005. The first entry was a rant over a friend of mine, who has since gotten out of the "fakeness" that I described. The others are short entries, but I give a few shout outs to some of my high school classmates who have found themselves in the public spotlight.

---------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Fake Friends

One of the challenges in social life is finding real friends. Some people you grow up with and remain friends after the school years have ended. Some you make in high school and occasionally talk to. Others are just there to make drama in your life.

I have come to the realization that a person (and I'm not surprised by it at all) never really liked me, but seems to be interested in my life because of other people's lives.

Let's start with the one that I really never had a friendship with... S. I first knew who she was because she was making out with a guy that one of my close friends was dating. A year later, my best friend introduced me to her and we hung out with the same people.

Then, junior and senior year, it seemed like there was some sort of unspoken competition between her and I... and it involved the male sex. If a guy were to pay more attention to me (for dating or not... Ben, Kress, Brandon, Hosmann), she would try to get in the way so she could steal the attention. And half the time, it resulted in a pattern of friends to enemies to friends, etc.

But after high school, it kept on going. A few months ago, S had contacted me wanting to make amends completely and just be friends. I didn't buy the story, so I just let it go and went on with my life.

Then, two weeks ago, I talked to one of my girlfriends on the phone. The next day, I got a call from S. All she did was ask about my friend. At that moment, I was cooking and wasn't really reading into it. I realized that all she was doing was using what I knew to get dirt on people she likes to gossip about.

I'm sorry, but aren't friendships supposed to be about trust, honesty, and having fun? I know that some things get in the way, like college, military, and babies, but why do those things somehow become "good dirt" on people? Why can't someone just be happy with their man and their family without someone trying to create drama for nothing? It makes me wonder if S is jealous of my girlfriends and I for having hubby's/fiances and babies....

But I do know one thing... I cannot find a guy that knows or dated S that actually cares about her, let alone likes her (except her most recent ex, unless it was that bad of a breakup, she dumped him). And, to me, she will always be a backstabber that cannot be trusted.

----------------------------------------------------

Sunday, May 08, 2005

My monitor fried..... so if you don't see me updating, that's why.

I hope I get a new one soon, since I am paying for DSL....

----------------------------------------------------------

Friday, June 03, 2005

Mindi Emanuel is in a reality show on the WB.

It is called Beauty and the Geek... don't know what day of the week that it is on.

It's just surprising to see one of your classmates on TV, but honestly, I didn't think Mindi would be on reality tv. I thought she would have done something like that movie she was in during my senior year.

I figured I would share that with my friends and old classmates :^D

---------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I knew Nick Webber was on the CMSU baseball team and that they did excellent this season.

What I just saw on the news is that the St. Louis Cardinals have recruited him.

I think it would be awesome if he started playing for them in the next couple seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment