Tuesday, April 19, 2011

New Music Tuesday: The Latest Singles from David Cook, Jessie J, and Lady Gaga

Well, I had spent last week purchasing a lot of new music, so I haven't really invested in a lot of time seeking out new music for today's blog. However, I do have a few songs to share today :-)

David Cook "The Last Goodbye"



As soon as I got onto ITunes this morning, I purchased this song (it became available today). My Kansas City boy is back and sounds amazing!!! He wrote this song with Ryan Tedder (OneRepublic). Yes, it's a blend of rock and ear wormy pop, but I can't help but love it. I cannot wait to hear the entire album when it's released this summer!


Jessie J "Nobody's Perfect"



The British pop singer has grown on me. I purchased her album over the weekend after finding this song. She's actually pretty good, but she could be one of those artists who will be appreciated more in Europe than here in the United States. I could be proved wrong about that. I enjoy her music, especially since she has a little bit of an edge over other current female pop artists.

Lady Gaga "Judas"



This song became available on ITunes over the weekend. I've listened to it about 4-5 times and I'm still a little unsure how I feel about it. I know I don't hate it, but I don't LOOOOVE it either." I am getting a little bit of The Who's "Tommy." with the single artwork... which isn't the first time I've made Gaga connections with the rock opera. Then again, Madonna did "Like a Prayer," so it could be a parallel to that. I guess I will have to wait and see what the music video will portray.

No comments:

Post a Comment