Tuesday, April 5, 2011

New Music Tuesday: Alien Abductions, A Nostalgic Nickelodeon Game Show and Several Other Videos!

I think I hit the jackpot this week. I got so excited finding several of the following songs that I couldn't wait for today to come to share them with you guys!!! Get ready for a music video explosion... some out of this world (pun intended).

Katy Perry feat. Kanye West "E.T."



I have always been a fan of Floria Sigsimondi's work (other credits include Marilyn Manson's "The Beautiful People," Christina Aguilera's "Fighter"). While the video was visually beautiful, the concept was way over hyped. I expected more out of it. I did find it a little amusing seeing Kanye in one of those spheres that you normally put hamsters in (to run around on the floor).


Porcelain Black feat. Lil Wayne "This is What Rock and Roll Looks Like (Explicit version)"



A pop song with a rock edge... I have found my new guilty pleasure!!! While researching newcomer Porcelain Black (actual name Alaina Beaton), I discovered that her producer is RedOne... just like Lady Gaga. She credits Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, and Britney Spears as her three major music influences (sweet!) and knows that people will think of her rock/pop persona as cheesy. I really love the combo.. maybe too much, LOL. I am very interested to see more of her in the future.

And wow... she deep throated that microphone!!!


Good Charlotte "Last Night"




Good Charlotte (and FunnyorDie.com)... thank you for reminding me why I wanted to be on Family Double Dare when I was a kid!!! I'll admit that the first time I watched this video I wasn't listening to the song, LOL. Once I actually listened to the song, I enjoyed it (although it made the video funnier, since the video has nothing to do with the song). Oh, and where can I get my own Double Dare t-shirt???

Raphael Saadiq "Stone Rollin"



Ooh... a jazzy, Motown song! I already like Raphael Saadiq's style! If his entire album sounds like this, I'm investing in it.

Bruno Mars feat. Damian Marley "Liquor Store Blues"



I was a little disappointed that Bruno's newest single wasn't "The Lazy Song." But, his Doo Wops and Hooligan's album is the first one this year that I enjoy every single track. This song has a very reggae feel to it, especially with Damian Marley featured in it. It's a very laid back song :-)

Kid Rock feat. Sheryl Crow "Collide"



Well, well well. Look who decided to collaborate for another song! I like this so much better than "Picture" (and not just because this song is new, or not overplayed at every bar across the country). I thought it was adorable to see them play a couple on a first date in the video. I know that they are acting, but it still makes me curious if they would make a good couple or not (outside of their careers). Maybe we might witness some developments while they tour together this summer...

Far East Movement feat. Snoop Dogg  "If I Was You (OMG)"



I'm not that big of a fan of Far East Movement. To me, the songs are more annoying than enjoyable. This song isn't that bad compared to "Like a G6," and I like Snoop Dogg's contribution. I was attracted to the bar in this video, with the multi colored lights on the ceiling and how some parts of the video had that really gorgeous orange hue to it. I like bars with a lot of color and lights (but not overly busy, like the one in this video). It makes dancing with friends (and random guys) more enjoyable, LOL

You guys aren't overwhelmed with this explosion of music, are you???? Until next week... enjoy these songs!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the beginning of E.T. It reminds me of the beginning of Wall-E... Then Kayne starts singing and ruins it. Katy doesn't even sound as good as she normally does in this train wreck. The video itself is quite cool but OMG the vocals. *cringes* Awesome post as always though. :D

    ReplyDelete