Monday, January 24, 2011

Movie Monday: An Explosion of Trailers

Okay, I didn't watch any NEW movies this week. I just had one of those weeks where I've been watching more television than movies, especially since American Idol started a new season. However, I have been catching up with movies that will be in theaters this year. I'm getting extremely excited for a lot of movies (many are sequels, yes) and I may have to budget my money so I can make it to a lot of midnight showings!

Here is what I am really excited for this year (in order of movie release date).

Gnomeo and Juliet (February 11th)



As a lover of Shakespeare's works and as a mother, this is an entertaining way to introduce my son to one of my favorite writers of all time. I also love that a lot of Elton John's music will be featured in the film. Win win for me!

Hall Pass (February 25th)



I've been wondering where the Farrelly Brothers have been lately, apparently working on this movie, LOL. This story looks interesting indeed and I am loving the cast already! I expect to laugh a lot from this film, so I hope I don't find myself sorely disappointed.

Red Riding Hood (March 11th)



A dark twist on classic fairy tale, sounds like my kind of movie!!! I love that Amanda Seyfried has gone for variety with acting and I expect that she will do phenomenal in this film. I am curious if this will be similar to the Grimm's Fairy Tale version or not...

Fast Five (April)



When I first heard that there was another Fast and the Furious film coming out, I wasn't exactly thrilled. Then, I saw the cast. So many people are returning from this movie that I just have to watch it now. Add Dwayne Johnson to the mix, and holy shit! Let's get this adrenaline rush going!!!!

Scream 4 (In theaters April 15th)



I know several horror fanatics that grew up watching the Nightmare on Elm Street and Halloween movies. For me, being just a few years younger than those individuals, my journey into horror films began with Scream (at my 14th birthday party). I will always have a special place in my heart for Wes Craven's trilogy that follows Sidney Prescott through a series of murders and hidden secrets about her family. When I heard that several of the original cast members signed up for a fourth installment, I was excited. With that said, since it's been about 10 years since Scream 3, I have no idea if this new installment will share the same vibe as the others. I would like to hope that it does, but that remains to be seen.


Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (May 20th)



No Will and Elizabeth Turner... so what??? This is all about Jack Sparrow and his adventure in finding the Fountain of Youth. It will be a great adventure indeed, as long as the rum doesn't run out!

Cars 2 ( June 24th)



I honestly could skip this one and wait for DVD, but since I have a kid (with a room decked out in Cars) I will take him to see it. I like that they are putting a new twist on the story to make it more of a kiddie spy movie. Knowing the wonderful company of Pixar, I will expect some James Bond references and Easter eggs in the film.


As you can tell, I don't get past early summer with these trailers. That's the beauty of going to see the movies I listed above... more previews!!! Now, anyone want to join me in watching some of these films this spring and summer???

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller???

1 comment:

  1. I'm up for everything but "Fast Five". I haven't seen any of the movies of that series and don't really care to. I know, i know, a guy not into a movie about fast cars, what a shocker. I've never been much of a car guy. Now if the Fast and Furious was about experimental computer processors then maybe.

    ReplyDelete