Thursday, January 6, 2011

Literary Thursdays: The Introduction

As many of you have noticed, I have started weekly topics for my blog. What I plan to do on Thursdays is to review books that I have read. To me, reading a book takes time. Sometimes I can read a book in a matter of days; other books require a couple months from start to finish. It can depend on how much the book keeps my attention (or in the case of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, I was done reading it 18 hours after purchasing it at the Midnight release). Life's daily things can also keep me from reading a book in a timely manner.



I started reading The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo (by Stieg Larsson) a few weeks ago. I was getting into it. But a week later, I was browsing a Borders that was closing and found a book that I had been interested in reading for only two dollars. So I've stopped reading Larsson's book, for now. I am going to read it all the way through as soon as I'm done with my current book.

Now, the book I am currently reading is The Almost Moon by Alice Sebold. I loved reading The Lovely Bones so I hope this new book will turn out just as good. I have noted that many critics had mixed feelings over The Almost Moon so I will see if I agree with them or not.



Don't expect a weekly blog on books, but expect that they will be posted on Thursdays. Over the past couple years, I have counted how many books I've read and it averages to at least 20 or more per year. Including the one I'm reading, I have a little over a dozen books on my bookshelf that I have yet to read. Some are classics (Pride and Prejudice, Les Liasons Dangereuses), some are biographies (Gonzo: The Life of Hunter S. Thompson, Truman) and others are more modern fiction (Digital Fortress by Dan Brown). So in the future, look forward to several book blogs!!! Until then, I'll be enjoying my book!

1 comment:

  1. I still have the three books Mel sent me for Christmas in 2009 to read. I am terrible at taking time to read but I always enjoy it when I do. Pride And Prejudice and Zombies, Sense And Sensibility and Seamonsters, and the Lord of the Rings trilogy (yeah I never read them before). I want to read these, perhaps your Literary Thursdays will help motivate and inspire me.

    ReplyDelete