Saturday, December 25, 2010

Song #24- A Song You Want To Play At Your Funeral

Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men "One Sweet Day"



For those who have ignored the lyrics of this song... it's not a love song, per se. I mean, it's beautiful and all but it's about someone who has died. "And I know you're shining down on me from Heaven, like so many friends we've lost along the way. And I know eventually we'll be together one sweet day. Eventually I'll see you in Heaven." I think what really misconstrued this as a love song is the video. It doesn't really depict the loss of a loved one. It's of Mariah and Boys II Men performing the song in a studio, plus the fact that all the artists are famous for love songs. Easy to do if you don't pay attention to the lyrics.

I think this would be a really sweet song to play at my funeral... you know, when it happens decades from now :-)

1 comment:

  1. Mariah keeps looking younger and younger. Must be nice to be rich.

    ReplyDelete