Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Song #13- A Song That Is A Guilty Pleasure

Prince "Pussy Control"



When I was working at Tunnel Town (my first job... a children's play place/birthday party center), I had a boss named Dave, who is gay. I *loved* him and he introduced me to a lot of new things, like giving me his copy of Mallrats, which started my love for Kevin Smith. One day, when hanging out with him, he played "Pussy Control." I instantly fell in love with the song. Back then, I could relate to the song because it was about a girl who found success in life before experiencing sex (like me). That's why I felt guilty for loving the song, but I couldn't help it!!!

By the time I was 18 and able to go dancing in bars/clubs, I found out that this was one of the best songs to bump and grind to. It got to the point where if that song was playing and my best friend Brandon and I were together... we would stop whatever we were doing and hit the dance floor. Even today, that song drives me to dance. Although Brandon and I live too far away to spend time together, I still send him a text message whenever I hear the song. I know he loves it when I do that, since all it does is bring back memories from 7-8 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment