Thursday, December 2, 2010

Song #1- Your Favorite Song

Michael Jackson's "Thriller"



I was only a couple weeks old when this video made its debut on December 2, 1983 (Hey, what a coincidence, that's 27 years ago TODAY!), so I have literally grown up with it. The song, to me, is Michael's best one (although "Billie Jean" is a very close second). Vincent Price did an excellent contribution with his rap, which is the part of the song I quote the most (Note to self: design artwork that shows off those lyrics so I can use it as Halloween decor each year). The video is pure genius... I credit that it revolutionized music videos in the way that many videos nowadays have a plot to them. I have been working on mastering the choreography of the video (which now that I own The Michael Jackson Experience on the Wii... thanks Mom... I can easily learn the moves).  It's one of several songs that will instantly get me onto a dance floor.

I don't care what time of the year it is, "Thriller" is appropriate anytime, anywhere. You can't help but love this song... and I have yet to find someone who hates it  :-)

2 comments:

  1. I kind of like this challenge. I love music. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. IMO Micheal's best video ever. Weird Al and Micheal Jackson had a great respect and admiration for each other's work. He did parodies of two of Micheal's songs but not this one. I wish he had.

    ReplyDelete